Are you ready to level up your property game and increase your home’s value? Then it’s time to invest in landscaping. Not only will it make your home look beautiful, but it can also add some serious cash to your pockets. According to a study by the National Association of Realtors, a well-landscaped home can increase its value by up to 20%.
Here are the top five ways to invest in landscaping upgrades, listed in order of the biggest bang for your buck:
- Hardscaping: Want to create a backyard oasis that will have your friends and family begging for a BBQ invite? Then hardscaping is your answer! Adding elements like patios, walkways, fire pits, and outdoor kitchens can increase your home’s value by up to 20%. It’s like adding another room to your home, with a killer view.
- Landscape Lighting: Who says the party has to end when the sun goes down? Adding outdoor lighting not only makes your home look gorgeous at night but can also improve safety and security. This upgrade can increase your property value by up to 15%. New outdoor lighting systems feature LED color-changing bulbs that allow you to change the light colors to match your mood for the holidays, big games (Cardinals, Blues, CITY SC!), or party themes from your phone.
- Trees and Shrubs: Nothing says “I have my life together” like a well-maintained yard with mature trees and shrubs. Plus, they provide shade and can help lower energy costs. Planting some greenery can increase your home’s value by up to 10%. They say that the best time to plant a tree is yesterday, so add this to the top of your list to allow plants to mature and fill-in for you to enjoy, or to look their best when you are ready to sell.
- Lawn Maintenance: A healthy and well-manicured lawn can do wonders for your home’s curb appeal. Regular mowing, fertilizing, and weed control can increase your home’s value by up to 5%. Let’s keep those lawns looking lush with our signature Lawn Care Plus program, which also includes aeration and overseeding in the fall.
- Flower Beds: Who doesn’t love a pop of color? Adding some flower beds to your yard can make your home look more attractive and increase your property value by at least 3%. Plus, it’s a fun opportunity to show off your personal style. Be sure to select a few beneficial native plants, too.
So, what are you waiting for? It’s time to invest in landscaping and turn your home into the envy of the neighborhood. Contact a professional landscaping company like Quiet Village Landscaping and start planning your dream yard today!